This is a recent recipe I developed specially for Bluebird Tea Co. It’s vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free! Which means that technically it’s good for you 🙂 It’s also really easy to make. Hope you like it!
For the Base
16 Deglet noor dates (soaked and pitted)
60g Desiccated coconut
45g Cacao nibs
Pinch of Arctic Power Blueberry Powder
For the filling
150g Coconut Oil
2 Tins coconut milk
1 Lemon (juiced)
2 tsp Bluebird Tea Co. Pure Grade Matcha Powder
1tsp Arctic Power Blueberry Powder
100g Fresh Blueberries
A pinch of salt
- Line the base of a 9-inch spring form cake tin with clingfilm. Line the sides with some greaseproof paper.
- Make the base – Roast the cashews and almonds for 2 – 3 minutes until lightly browned then add all the base ingredients to a food processor and process until it all comes together. Put into the lined tin and push down using your hands to make an even base. Set aside.
- Make the filling – Roast the cashews in the oven for 2 – 3 minutes until very slightly browned. Add the rest of the filling ingredients into a food processor and process until thick and creamy.
- Measure half the mixture into a bowl, leaving the remaining half in the food processer. Add 100g of fresh blueberries and 1 tsp of berry powder and process until mixed. Pour the blueberry mixture into the cake tin and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Clean out the food processer and pour the remaining mix in it along with the matcha powder. Process until mixed then pour on top of the blueberry layer. Leave to set in the freezer for an hour.
- Top with a dusting of matcha powder, blueberry powder and some fresh blueberries.